Karvy is a well-diversified conglomerate across the financial services spectrum. And, it’s been indomitable since the last 3 decades. It’s developed a great understanding of the clients’ needs. And, thus has come to develop many interesting trading platforms.
In return, it’s exceedingly becoming a favourite among the clients. As of today, we’ll emphasise on reviewing them. We’ll review the on the basis of several business aspects. And, this review will of help to you on the whole.
It’ll help you understand their functioning. Thus, you may decide whether or not to invest with them.
|Broker Type||Full Service Broker|
|Demat Account AMC||Rs.500 per Annum|
|Margin Required||Zero to Rs.1 lakh|
|Intraday Brokerage||0.01% – 0.03%|
|Delivery Brokerage||0.1% – 0.3%|
What do you know about Karvy?
Karvy was established nearly 3 decades back in the year 1983. And the prime reason for their existence is C Parthasarathy.
He solely imbued the organization to outperform the rest in the then market leaders. And, with time the organization grew into a full-service brokerage house.
Not only that, it’s even developed some of the best trading platforms so far. Innovation, technology and customer-centric approach are their key stand points. And, this has led them to serve over 70 million individual investors.
|Know few details about Karvy|
|Which type of Company is it? – Public / Private||Private|
|Which type of Broker is it? – Full Service / Discount||Full Service Broker|
|Where is the registered office of Company Located?||Hyderabad, India|
|Who is the Founder of this Company?||C Parthasarathy|
|When did the company started?||1983|
Open Demat Account Now – Fill up the Form Below
What are the various Demat Account Opening Charges levied by Karvy?
Do you seek to have a Karvy Demat Account? Well, if that’s the case then you’ve got a lot to understand. You must know about the ways in which they operate.
You must learn about the services they render. And, you must even gain an understanding of the charges they incur. Speaking of which, we’ll be telling you about their account opening charges here.
So, they basically charge nothing for account opening purposes. They do not even charge a penny for Trading Account AMC. They do not even provide any sort of dematerialization.
However, they do charge Rs. 500 every year for Demat Account AMC. Moreover, they even ask their clients to have a minimum margin money balance of Rs. 0-1,00,000. And, all of these payments can be made through CDSL.
|Karvy Demat Account Opening Fees|
|Check out the various fees charged for Opening a Demat Account with Karvy|
|Which is the Depository Participant involved?||CDSL|
|What are the Demat account opening charges?||Free|
|How much is the Demat AMC?||Rs.500 per Annum|
|What is the Trading AMC?||Free|
|What is the initial Margin amount required?||Zero to Rs.1 lakh|
|Is dematerialization available?||No|
Find out Brokerage Charges of other stock brokers
|Axis Direct||Karvy||Kotak Securities||Motilal Oswal|
|Icici Direct||IIFL||Hdfc Securities||Yes Securities|
Does Karvy provide any Offers to their Clients?
Karvy has been in the financial services and advisory industry for way too long. And, this has bestowed upon them a great sense of confident. They are confident about their products.
They’re confidant about their services. They’re even confident about their team and their skills. And, these are the reasons why they do not have many offers for clients. All of Karvy offers can be listed as: –
- They provide free Demat Account service.
- They provide flexible brokerage charges to their clients.
|Here are the various offers provided by Karvy|
|Does the broker provide Free Demat A/C offer?||Yes|
|Does the broker provide Free Trading A/C offer?||No|
|Is this broker offers Discount on Brokerage?||No|
|Does the broker offer Happy hour trading to their clients?||No|
|Is the broking house provides flexible brokerage plan?||Yes|
|Does the broker offer 1 month Free brokerage?||No|
|Is the Holiday offers provided by the broker?||No|
|Are there any referral offers shared by the broker?||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
What are the Brokerage Charges levied by Karvy on various Segments?
Karvy’s behaviour towards provision of their services is very strict. This is one of the major reasons for their prolonged success. Furthermore, they ensure that their services cost uniformly for all clients. Here’s a list of all of Karvy’s brokerage charges: –
- Karvy charges a uniform price of 0.1-0.3% for all Equity Delivery services.
- The broking house charges a uniform price of 0.01-0.03% for all Equity Intraday services.
- They charge a uniform price of 0.01-0.03% for Equity Futures services.
- The Company charges a uniform price of 0.01-0.03% for Commodity Trading services.
- It charges a uniform price of 0.01-0.03% for Currency Futures services.
- Karvy charges Rs. 10-30 per lot for Equity Options services.
- They levy Rs. 10-30 per lot for Currency Options services.
- It even charges Rs. 500 per annum for Demat AMC.
- Moreover, they require the clients to maintain minimum margin money balance at Rs. 0-1,00,000.
|Karvy Brokerage Charges|
|Here you will find details of brokerage levied by Karvy on all segments|
|What are the Equity Delivery Charges?||0.1% – 0.3%|
|What are the Equity Intraday Charges?||0.01% – 0.03%|
|How much brokerage charged for Commodity Trading?||0.01% – 0.03%|
|What is the brokerage on Equity Futures?||0.01% – 0.03%|
|How much brokerage charged for Equity Options?||Rs.10 – Rs.30 per lot|
|What is the brokerage on Currency Futures?||0.01% – 0.03%|
|What is the brokerage on Currency Options?||Rs.10 – Rs.30 per lot|
|How much is the Minimum Brokerage requires?||Percentage of Transaction|
|What is the Demat AMC?||Rs.500 per annum|
|How much is the Trading AMC?||Free|
|What is the Minimum Margin Required?||Zero to Rs.1 lakh|
Does Karvy levy any other charges apart from Brokerage?
We’ve already told you all about Karvy broking charges. So, now it’s time to learn about other relevant charges. These charges mostly include the taxes on needs to pay. Here’s the complete list: –
- They incur a transaction charge at 0.00325% of total turnover.
- Customers incur STT at 0.0126% of total turnover.
- One would incur the SEBI turnover charge at 0.0002% of the total turnover.
- They incur 18% GST on the transaction and brokerage charges alike.
- They might even incur a certain amount as stamp duty. This charge is levied as per the different state norms. And this is really negligible.
|Get deep understanding of all other charges levied by Karvy|
|How much is the Transaction Charges levied?||0.00325% of Total Turnover|
|What are the STT charges?||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|What are the SEBI Turnover charges?||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|How much is the Stamp Duty levied?||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|How are the GST charged?||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
Get all charges of various stock brokers
|Paytm Money||Mastertrust||Indiabulls Ventures||Sbi Cap Securities|
|Upstox||Nirmal Bang||Jainam Share Consultants||Smc Global|
|Alice Blue Online||Shri Parasram Holdings||Jhaveri Securities||Swastika Investmart|
What is the Limit or Exposure offered by Karvy?
Karvy has come to understand the need for extensive care towards clients. And, this has resulted in their benevolent behaviour towards the clients. To shorten it up, they’ve come to follow an old industry trend. This requires them to grant certain added exposure of trade stocks. This basically allows the clients to fetch more stocks more the price of less. So, here’s how Karvy’s exposure impacts different stocks: –
- It grants an additional exposure of upto 10 times on Equity Delivery.
- Karvy grants an additional exposure of upto 20 times on Equity Intraday.
- They grant an additional exposure of upto 10 times on Equity Futures.
- It grants an additional exposure of upto 15 times on Equity Options.
- They grant an additional exposure of upto 12 times on Currency Futures.
- Karvy grants an exposure of upto 10 times on Currency Options.
- They grant an exposure of upto 12 times on Commodity Trading.
|Karvy Exposure or Leverage|
|Here you will find the exposure or limit provided by Karvy|
|How much is the limit on Equity Delivery?||Upto 10x|
|What is the limit on Equity Intraday?||Upto 20x|
|How much is the limit on Equity Futures?||Upto 10x|
|What is the limit on Equity Options?||Upto 15x|
|What is the exposure on Currency Futures?||Upto 12x|
|How much is the leverage on Currency Options?||Upto 10x|
|What is the limit on Commodity Trading?||Upto 12x|
Open Demat Account Now – Fill up the Form Below
How to Open Karvy Demat & Trading Account?
We’ve told you about the services being provided by them. We’ve described their services charges. And, we’ve even told you about the trading exposures they grant. So, now it’s time to tell you about the procedure to open Karvy Demat Account. Basically, this process is rather easy. Moreover, it can even be used to get a Trading Account. So, here’s what you need to do: –
- The first step in the process is to search for a button. The button we’re referring to has ‘Open Demat Account’ written on it. And, you can easily locate it at the end of this section.
- Next step in line is to click on that button. This will take you to a whole new page. And, this page will include a form in it.
- You need to go through the form very carefully. Go through each word, line and paragraph, one at a time.
- Next step will be to fill up the form with relevant information. And, by relevant, we mean verifiable. Do take care of the space with ‘mandatory’ mark the most.
- Now you need to upload the form with some other documents. These documents are required to prove your age, address, identity and income. Here’s a list of the documents they seek: –
- Copy of your Adhaar Card / Voter’s ID Card.
- PAN Card’s copy.
- A photocopy of your bank account statement.
- Once you’ve uploaded the form and the documents, your work is done. Now you’ll receive a call from the company.
- And, if everything seems well, you’ll get your new account registered in the nest few hours.
What are the various Trading Platforms provided by Karvy?
As mentioned earlier, Karvy knows the market from their experience. And, mind it, they have 3 decades worth of experience. So, they know that not every client is the same. And, they even acknowledge that different clients have different needs. So, they’ve basically developed a series of trading platforms. And, each of these platforms come with distinct features. Here’s the list of them: –
Karvy Trading Terminal: Karvy Nest Terminal
Karvy uses NEST, a third-party trading software for this purpose. NEST trader has been developed by Omnesys Technologies. The platform can be acquired for download on Karvy’s official website. Once downloaded, it requires to be installed to begin functioning. It’s been developed on the Dot Net Framework 3.5sp1 and needs at least 4GB of RAM to be used.
Karvy Web Trading Platform: Karvy Online Web
Karvy uses a web browser based version of NEST for this purpose. In fact, the very name of the software is NEST Web. As you might’ve guessed, it was developed by Omnesys Technologies. And, it basically comes laden with all the features of the classic NEST trading platform. However, it’s more agile and requires less memory to function. In fact, it uses the web browser as it’s base. This means that it does not occupy any space in the RAM. Moreover, it can be accessed through the web browsers of mobile, tab and even computers.
Karvy Mobile Trading App: Karvy Online App
This is really a versatile trading application. And, we use the word versatile very strongly. That’s because it comes in compatible variants for both Android and IOs devices. Furthermore, it has a great build with simplistic UI design. This helps the users to easily access and uses it in day-to-day trading. It can be found in both Play Store and App Store by the name of Karvy Online.
|Karvy Trading Platforms|
|Here you will find all the important trading platforms available with Karvy|
|Do they have Trading Terminals for Windows?||Yes|
|Do they have Trading Terminals for Mac?||Yes|
|Are they providing Web Trading Platform?||Yes|
|Do they have Mobile Web Platform?||Yes|
|Does this broker provide Mobile Trading App for Android?||Yes|
|Does this broker provide Mobile Trading App for iOS?||Yes|
|Are they having Mobile App for Windows OS?||No|
|Do they have Mobile Trading App for Other OS?||No|
What are the features available in Karvy Trading Applications?
As we’ve mentioned right above, Karvy has exactly 3 trading platforms. We’ve mentioned all of their features underneath. And, we’ve tried to be as discrete as possible about them. So, here’s the list: –
Karvy Trading Terminal: Karvy Nest Terminal Features
- It can be used to add multiple market watchlists.
- The terminal can be used to for extremely complex analytical purposes. This becomes possible due to one of the integrated features. This feature allows users to add scrips of choice. This further can be used to track down a number of data points and metrics. Thus, ensuring a regular and updated knowledge on the market ongoing.
- It allows the users to add different market watchlists to different groups. This feature provides extensive segregation options.
- Karvy Nest Terninal trade and investment across multiple segments. We’re referring to commodity, currency, derivatives and equity.
Karvy Web Trading Platform: Karvy Online Web Features
- This platform can telecast real time live market updates.
- The Web platform comes with a unique feature. It allows the users to convert positions from Intraday to Delivery and vice versa.
- It can be used to get a look at the positions window. This displays a consolidated position with vital information on sell amount, quantity etc.
- The platform can be used to track the Intraday movement of scrips and index.
- It comes integrated with a feature known as ‘Ticker’. This allows the users to be notified for price changes in their favoured securities.
- It grants personalized stock investment ideas to the users.
Karvy Mobile Trading App: Karvy Online App Features
- Karvy Online app comes integrated with loads of research recommendations. These technical and fundamental research reports can be used for extensive analysis.
- This app can provide a very sleek view of the market happenings. This includes news on top gainers and losers, corporate action and even quotes of indices.
- The application can be used to analyse the stocks based on their price movements. This can be done easily through several scanners and strategies provided within.
- This platform helps to keep a track of all of user’s trades and investments.
|Karvy Trading Application Features|
|Here you will find various features available in Trading Platforms provided by Karvy|
|Are these platforms capable of Real time Updates?||Yes|
|Do these Applications provide Portfolio Details?||Yes|
|Are this software’s providing Online MF Buy?||Yes|
|Do these platforms have News Flash?||Yes|
|Are these platforms providing Research Reports?||Yes|
|Are these platforms Easy to Install & use?||Yes|
|Do these Apps have Global Indices?||Yes|
|Are these platforms having Stock Tips?||Yes|
|Do this software’s provide Personalized Advisory?||Yes|
|Are these platforms capable of Interactive Chartings?||Yes|
|Do these Apps provide Live Markets data?||Yes|
|Do they provide SMS Alerts?||Yes|
|Are they providing Email Alerts?||Yes|
|Do these platforms has Multi Account Management solution?||Yes|
Get detailed features of another Share Broker
|Anand Rathi||Nj Wealth||Jm Financial||Tradebulls Securities|
|SAS Online||Prabhudas Lilladher||Samco||Way2Wealth|
|CanMoney||Reliance Securities||Profitmart Securities||Edelweiss|
What are the various Products provided by Karvy?
The provision to all of Karvy’ products can be traced as: –
- Equity Trading
- Currency Trading
- Options Trading
- Commodity Trading
- Futures Trading
- Mutual Funds
|Here are the various products provided by Karvy|
|Does the broker allow Equity Trading?||Yes|
|Does the broker allow Commodity Trading?||Yes|
|Do they have Currency Trading product available?||Yes|
|Do they provide Options trading?||Yes|
|Are the clients allowed to trade in Futures?||Yes|
|Do they have Mutual Funds as product?||Yes|
|Does the broker allow Forex trading?||No|
|Does the broker have Banking products?||No|
|Is SIP allowed by the broker?||Yes|
|Do they have Insurance as a Product?||No|
What are the various Services offered by Karvy?
Certain Karvy broking services have been established for the sake of clients. These are: –
- Its facilities related to Trading Account.
- Karvy’s facilities related to Demat Account.
- It also provides facilities related to Intraday trading.
- Facilities related to IPO.
- Stock recommendations.
- Facilities related to PMS.
- Provision of trading exposure upto 20 times the average rate.
|Check out the various services provided by Karvy|
|Does the broking house provide Demat Services?||Yes|
|Does the broking house provide Trading Services?||Yes|
|Do they have 3 in 1 Account i.e. Demat, Trading & Savings A/C?||No|
|Do they provide Intraday Services?||Yes|
|Are they offering IPO Services to the client?||Yes|
|Do they have Stock Recommendations available?||Yes|
|Are they providing tools for Robo Advisory?||No|
|Does the broker provide PMS?||Yes|
|Do they have Trading Institution available?||No|
|What is the Trading Exposure this broker provides?||Upto 20x|
Does Karvy provide Research & Advisory to their clients?
Karvy advisory services have been of great use to the clients. They provide services related to: –
- Research Reports
- Fundamental Reports
- Company Reports
- Annual Reports
- Company Stock Overview
- IPO Reports
- Monthly Reports
- Weekly Reports
- Offline Advisory
- Relationship Manager
|Karvy Research, Advisory & Stock Tips|
|Here are the various research activities done by Karvy|
|Does the broker shares Fundamental Reports?||Yes|
|Does the broker shares Research Reports?||Yes|
|Do they provide Company Reports to their clients?||Yes|
|Are they analysing Annual Reports of Companies?||Yes|
|Do they share Company Stock Review?||Yes|
|Are they sharing Free Stock Tips to their clients?||No|
|Do they analyze & share IPO Reports?||Yes|
|Does the broking company provide Top Picks?||No|
|Are they sharing Daily Market Review?||No|
|Do they have Monthly Reports?||Yes|
|Does the broker provide Weekly Reports?||Yes|
|Are they having Offline Advisory?||Yes|
|Do they provide Relationship Manager to clients?||Yes|
What are the Customer Care details of Karvy?
Karvy customer care services include: –
- Allocating a dedicated dealer.
- 24*7 proactive support.
- Online and offline trading facilities.
- 24*7 chat support through the toll-free number 1800 419 8283.
- They even have 110 branches across the country.
|Karvy Customer Support|
|Let’s have a better understanding of Customer Care Service of Karvy|
|Are they providing Dedicated Dealer to their clients?||Yes|
|Do they allow Offline Trading?||Yes|
|Do they have facilities for Online Trading?||Yes|
|Are they providing 24*7 Support?||Yes|
|Does this broker provide Email Support?||No|
|Is this broker having Chat Support?||1800 419 8283|
|How many Branches the stock broker has?||110|
Are there any Complaints filed against Karvy by their clients?
A total of 210 and 165 complaints were registered against Karvy in BSE and NSE last year. However, they managed to resolve 185 and 143 out of them with ease.
|Here you will know about the Complaints lodged against Karvy|
|What is the total number of Complaints Lodged in BSE?||210|
|How many of these complaints have been Resolved in BSE?||185|
|What is the total number of Complaints Lodged in NSE?||165|
|How many of these complaints have been Resolved in NSE?||143|
What are the Advantages / Benefits of Karvy Trading Account?
There are numerous benefits of owning a Karvy trading account such as: –
- They have 110 branches located throughout the country. This grants extended support.
- They have amazing trading platforms.
What are the Karvy Review & Ratings as per their Customer?
We took a survey of Karvy sing 1265 people. They rated the company on a scale of 1 to 10. And, here’s what they have to say: –
- Karvy scored 6.0/10 for market research and broking advisory.
- They rated Karvy 6.5/10 for their brokerage charges.
- The survey rated Karvy 7.0/10 for their range of products and services.
- As per the survey responses, Karvy scores 6.7/10 for the trading platforms they have.
- Karvy was rated 6.5/10 for their business experience.
- On the whole, they rated Karvy 6.5/10 as a discount broker.
|Karvy Ratings & Reviews|
|We are looking at Companies Ratings on various parameters|
|Stock Market Research & Broking Advisory||6.0/10|
|Brokerage & other Charges like – Turnover, Transaction Charges etc.||6.5/10|
|Types of Products & Services the Brand provides||7.0/10|
|Performance Mobile App, Trading Terminal & Web Trading Platform||6.7/10|
|Experience in the Broking Business||6.5/10|
|Total Avg. Rating of Broking House||6.5/10|
|Star Rating of given to Stock Broker||★★★☆☆|
|Number of People Contributed to these Ratings||1265|
Now that you’ve read all about Karvy. We’re sure you do not have any doubts as with trusting their services.
Open Demat Account Now – Fill up the Form Below