Zerodha Demat Account is one of the most used Demat accounts in the country. The trading services provided by the firm via Zerodha Trading Account and its Demat account are incredible and most importantly, this firm is one of the most sought-after discount brokerage houses in the country.
In this article, you will find all the information on the Demat and trading accounts services of the brokerage house – Zerodha. The article will cover the benefits of using the Zerodha Demat and trading account.
We will also cover the process of opening Demat account with Zerodha and much other information that would help you compare the brokerage house and choose wisely.
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.200|
|Demat AMC||Rs.300 per Annum|
|Margin Required||75% Margin|
What is Zerodha Demat Account & its Benefits?
Zerodha Demat Account is where the shares you trade on the Zerodha platform get stored. The Demat account is linked to the Depository – CDSL and the firm provides its Demat services via this account.
You have to open this account Zerodha to trade the shares online. When you buy shares the shares get stored in this Demat account and on selling the shares, the number of shares sold gets debited from the account.
The benefits of using the Zerodha Demat account are as follows –
- When you trade using the Zerodha Demat account, your transactions can get settled within T+0 days on NSE. This would require no extra payments as well.
- The delivery trades you do have no brokerage charges on them.
- The flat fee structure helps you earn more as the brokerage rate is super cheap
- There are multiple trading platforms on which you can trade. These include the mobile trading platform, terminal-based trading, and online trading platform – Kite is Zerodha’s popular trading platform used by lakhs of investors.
Open Demat Account with Zerodha Now! – Fill up the Form
What is Zerodha Trading Account & its Benefits?
Zerodha Trading Account is used for placing orders to buy and sell shares in the market. It is the link between the Zerodha Demat account and the Bank account you are using for your trading purpose.
On this account, you place the trading order, then according to the information of the order, shares are debited or credited from the Demat account, and the Bank account also gets debited or credited accordingly.
The benefits of the trading account provided by Zerodha are –
- The charges for trading any segment whether its equity or commodity or options you just need to pay Rs. 20 or 0.03% of the trading amount (whichever is lower). This is across all the exchanges you trade – NSE, and BSE. MCX and others.
- There are multiple trading options – equities, derivatives, currencies, and others.
- Free annual maintenance fees for the trading account
- There is no requirement for keeping any margin money in the trading account.
You can check the Demat Account details of other Brokers
What are the Zerodha Demat Account Charges?
|Which is the Depository Participant involved?||CDSL|
|What are the Demat account opening charges?||Rs.0|
|How much is the Demat Account AMC?||Rs.300 per Annum|
|What is the Trading Account AMC?||Free|
|What is the initial Margin amount required?||75% Margin|
|Is there any dematerialization available?||No|
Zerodha Demat Account Opening Charges are only Rs.0. This is a one-time fee that you need to pay to open the account. Zerodha Demat Account Charges for maintenance are separate from this and you need to pay on yearly basis.
There is no requirement to keep any margin money in the trading account. This is a great benefit for traders. Being a discount brokerage house, it has kept its account opening charges quite low along with its brokerage charges which are one of the lowest in the market.
You get all the Demat services once you open the account just by paying this Rs. 300 as AMC.
How much is Zerodha AMC or Annual Maintenance Charge?
Zerodha AMC or the annual maintenance charges of Zerodha includes only Rs. 300 for the Demat maintenance charges every year. For the trading account, there are no annual maintenance charges.
It is absolutely free. You can access your trading account once it is opened. The annual maintenance fee which is charged by this firm is pretty lower than other brokerage houses in the country of this repute.
How to Open Zerodha Demat Account?
To Open Zerodha Demat Account you have to –
- Click on the “Open Demat Account” button and a form will pop up.
- Fill out the form and check all the details you input are correct
- Then click on submit button
- Now you have to upload the documents like PAN, AADHAAR Card and photographs, and a canceled cheque for verification
- Once you upload the scan copies of these documents on the website, the Zerodha executive will call you and verify your details.
- Once the verification gets done, your Demat account along with the trading account will be opened.
- You will receive the login credentials on your email id registered with them.
Find out the Demat Account Opening Process of other Brokers
General FAQs on Zerodha Demat & Trading Account
Here are the general FAQs of Zerodha –
Does Zerodha provide a Free Demat A/C offer?
No, Zerodha does not provide any free Demat account offer. You need to pay Rs. 300 as AMC in Demat account.
Does Zerodha provide Free Trading A/C offer?
No, there is no such offer provided by Zerodha.
Is Zerodha offering Discounts on Brokerage?
Yes, Zerodha being a Discount brokerage house provides heavy discounts on brokerage charges. It has one of the cheapest brokerage plans in the industry.
Does Zerodha offer Happy hour trading to their clients?
No, Zerodha does not provide any Happy Hour trading offers to clients.
Is Zerodha providing a flexible brokerage plan?
No, the brokerage plan provided by Zerodha is a flat-fee brokerage plan instead.
Zerodha Demat Account – Conclusion
Zerodha Demat Account offers a wide range of trading and investment options. It has investment options ranging from equities to options and currencies.
You can avail of all these services just by paying Rs. 300 as the account opening fee which is pretty cheap and also the maintenance fee is Rs. 300 for the Demat account and nil for the trading account.
The flat-fee brokerage plan helps daily traders a lot to earn good profit from the market. Zerodha trading platforms are one of the biggest advantages for the clients of this firm.
Open Trading Account with Zerodha Now! – Fill up the Form
Here are full demat account reviews of other brokers
Most Read Topics
|Top 10 Trading Platforms|
|Best Mobile Trading App|
|Top 10 Stock Brokers in India|
|Best Intraday Brokers in India|
|Stock Brokers Review|