Upstox is one of its kind brokerage house which is a discount broker with priority given to technology-based trading. It provides Upstox Demat Account and Upstox Trading Account and the related services at a cheap cost which is one of the lowest you can find in the market.
Upstox is a brokerage firm that is mainly run by some of the premier investors and philanthropists in the country like Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital, and others.
The firm offers a plethora of services and facilities which we will discuss in this article below. Here you will find the benefits of using the Upstox Demat and trading account, their charges, and other fees, then the process of opening the account with the firm, and many other details.
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.0|
|Demat AMC||Rs.249 per Annum|
|Trading AMC||Rs. 300 + 18% GST|
|Margin Required||75% Margin|
What is Upstox Demat Account & its Benefits?
Upstox Demat Account is provided by the discount brokerage house Upstox which is a tech-first brokerage house with very low brokerage charges and these two features are the main attraction of this firm.
The Demat account helps in holding the securities you purchase and take delivery of or the ones you invest in for a long time. Without a Demat account, trading is not possible, and not even investing in the IPOs that come up.
So, in the age of technology-based trading, the Demat account is mandatory and it has been made mandatory by the SEBI only.
The benefits of using the Demat account provided by Upstox are as follows –
- The firm provides a margin facility against the shares you hold in your Demat account
- You can access the holdings in your Demat account from multiple devices as the firm provides multiple trading platforms for each of the devices like mobile phones, computer-desktop, or laptops, and also you can do it online on the browser.
- The firm has multiple research and analytical services and products as well like the Ami Broker platform which helps in coding and executing the trading strategy you plan for your trades.
- Then there are options tools for finding future prices, spot prices, doing a vertical comparison and so much of other analysis.
- There is a huge mutual fund platform that is offered by Upstox. You can get to invest in thousands of mutual funds schemes under one roof or platform.
- There are also options available for online IPO purchases.
Open Demat Account with Upstox Now! – Fill up the Form
What is Upstox Trading Account & its Benefits?
Upstox Trading Account helps in placing your trading orders on the platforms and links the order to the Demat account and the bank account.
When the order gets implemented in the market, the shares get debited or credited from the Demat account, and correspondingly the bank account also gets credited or debited respectively.
A trading account is required mandatorily by the traders. Whether you trade on the online platforms by yourself or avail of the call & trade facility, a trading account is required in both cases.
The benefits of using Upstox Trading accounts are many and they are –
- There is high leverage available and also a priority brokerage package facility for those who need higher exposure.
- There are no charges on the delivery trades
- You can access the trading account from any of the platforms used for trading.
- There are multiple order types that you can use to secure your trade orders. There are After-market orders, cover orders, and others.
You can check the Demat Account details of other Brokers
What are the Upstox Demat Account Charges?
|Which is the Depository Participant involved?||CDSL|
|What are the Demat account opening charges?||Rs.0|
|How much is the Demat Account AMC?||Rs.249 per Annum|
|What is the Trading Account AMC?||Rs. 300 + 18% GST|
|What is the initial Margin amount required?||Zero|
|Is there any dematerialization available?||No|
The Upstox Account Opening Charges is free and it is only Rs.0. The Demat account you get is under the depository CDSL. Apart from these one-time Upstox Demat Account Charges, there are no other charges for opening the account and starting trading.
The Trading account comes for free with the Demat account. There is no Dematerialization facility available with Upstox. Demat AMC is Rs.249 and Trading AMC is Rs. 300 + 18% GST.
How much is Upstox AMC or Annual Maintenance Charge?
Upstox AMC is free for trading accounts. So, you just need to pay Rs.249 for the Demat account maintenance charges every year.
The maintenance charges towards the Demat account are again very cheap and hardly some firms charge so low maintenance charges. On top of that, you do not need to keep any margin money in the trading account. This is a big boon for traders with low capital but who want to start trading.
How to Open Upstox Demat Account?
The process to Open Upstox Demat Account is as follows –
- Fill out the Demat application form which you will find, once you click on the button which reads “Open Demat Account”.
- It will comprise a pop-up form, where some contact details will be asked for. Enter them all and then submit it.
- Upload the documents – PAN, AADHAAR, and Photograph for the next KYC process.
- Mention your bank account details or upload a scanned copy of a canceled cheque
- Wait for the verification process to get over, and for a call from the company’s end.
- If your application gets approved, you will receive the login credentials for your Demat and trading account.
Find out Demat Account Opening Process of other Brokers
General FAQs on Upstox Demat & Trading Account
Here are the general FAQs of Upstox :
Does Upstox provide a Free Demat A/C offer?
No, there is no free Demat account offer provided by the Upstox discount brokerage house.
Does Upstox provide Free Trading A/C offer?
Yes, the trading account is completely free, there are no account opening charges or maintenance charges.
Is Upstox offering Discounts on Brokerage?
Yes, the firm provides heavy discounts on brokerage.
Does Upstox offer Happy hour trading to their clients?
No, there is no Happy Hours trading facility available with Upstox.
Is Upstox providing a flexible brokerage plan?
No, Upstox doesn’t provide any flexible brokerage plan.
Upstox Demat Account – Conclusion
With Upstox Demat Account, you can explore advanced technology-based trading which will ease your trading worries of yours in many ways. There are multiple trading platforms and many trading options to choose from.
The firm is a discount brokerage house, that provides all the services for a cheap charge, and also as you can see the account opening and maintenance charges are so low.
Open Trading Account with Upstox Now! – Fill up the Form
Here are full demat account reviews of other brokers
Most Read Topics
|Top 10 Trading Platforms|
|Best Mobile Trading App|
|Top 10 Stock Brokers in India|
|Best Intraday Brokers in India|
|Stock Brokers Review|