SBI Cap Securities is among those stock trading companies that don’t require an introduction. Established in the year 1986, this public limited company had been a significant player in this industry, so it makes sense to open an SBI Demat account, alongside an SBI Trading account.
Primarily if you are looking for a stable company that has years of experience in understanding the Indian stock market, then SBI Cap Securities is your destination. The depository participants are CDSL and NSDL. However, the unavailability of the Dematerialization of shares is a bummer.
Many argue that with years, the company lost its primary focus. So, in this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of the company to give a choice of whether you should get associated with them or not.
|Depository Participant||CDSL & NSDL|
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.500|
|Demat AMC||Rs.400 per Annum|
What is SBI Demat Account & its Benefits?
People trust SBI services. So, it makes sense to consider the SBI Demat account as well. Apart from that, a demat account is the bearer of all your shares. If you have an account you will be able to store and also trade your share securities and also account up to them in the final.
Now, let us take a look at the USPs of the Demat accounts:
- There are 225 branches in total which are spread all across India. So, getting vibrant support is inevitable. They are proactive in resolving problems as fast as possible.
- One of the most compelling factors that made people go for their service is their industry credibility. Everyone knows that they are experienced and can guide their clients in adverse situations.
- SBI Cap Securities is recognized as a company that offers a wide range of products and services. They also deal with services related to Currency, Options, Futures, Mutual Funds, Forex, Banking, SIP, and Insurance.
- The brokerage fee is mostly reasonable.
Open Demat Account with SBI Now! – Fill up the Form
What is SBI Trading Account & its Benefits?
The SBI Trading account is designed to serve the clients in the best way possible. Of course, without a trading account, it is not possible to trade online, but SBI Cap Securities made sure the clients will get more along with the general benefits
Here is the draft of the add-on benefits:
- Of course, as mentioned before, the brokerage fee is reasonable for most products and services.
- There is Zero AMC fee for the Trading accounts.
- There are tons of additional services that SBI Cap Securities is also famous for. A few of them include 3-in-1 Account, IPO, PMS, and Stock Recommendations.
- The company offers up to 12x trading exposure which is better than most stock trading companies.
- The Research & Advisory service includes Fundamental Reports, Research Reports, Company Reports, Annual Reports, and many more.
- The trading platforms come in all versions, including a robust mobile app available for both Android and iOS users.
You can check Demat Account details of other Brokers
What are the SBI Demat Account Charges?
|Which is the Depository Participant involved?||CDSL & NSDL|
|What are the Demat account opening charges?||Rs.500|
|How much is the Demat Account AMC ?||Rs.400 per Annum|
|What is the Trading Account AMC?||Free|
|What is the initial Margin amount required?||Rs.25,000|
|Is there any dematerialization available?||No|
The SBI Cap Securities account opening charges are mostly contradictory to the brokerage fees. Where the brokerage fees are mostly reasonable, the SBI Demat account Charges are considerably higher.
For creating their composite account consisting of a Demat and a Trading account, the clients must pay Rs..500. However, you need to pay for this once.
That said, there are AMC fees to discuss later. Meanwhile, another cost that every new trader must bear is the margin money. They must pay a minimum of Rs.25,000 to kickstart trading. The fee is unquestionably higher than what most stock trading companies charge.
How much is SBI AMC or Annual Maintenance Charge?
Let us explain what AMC is briefly. The Annual Maintenance Charge is primarily a payment to the seller from the buyer. In return, they get a maintenance service for one year. Now, coming back to where we were, the SBI Cap Securities AMC fee for the Demat account is Rs.400 per year.
In contrast, they charge Zero for maintaining the Trading account. However, most companies provide free Trading account AMCs these days. Meanwhile, speaking of the AMC of the Demat account, it is okay as per the industry experts.
How to Open SBI Demat Account?
To open an SBI Demat account, you need to follow the steps below:
- Quickly click over the “Open Demat Account” button provided on this page,
- Now, in the center of the page, you will see a dropdown menu that has three options. From that, select the option “Online a/c form” and click on “Apply Now,” which is just below that.
- Now, you will be routed to a new page. You should read the information shared on that page, check the agree box, and click “Apply Now.”
- You need to pay Rs.500 for the account opening and submit all the required documents.
- They will contact you for acquiring your signature and anything if missed out.
- It typically takes a few hours or a day to complete your KYC verification. After that, they will send you the credentials to log in to your Demat and Trading account.
- You can then use your account and do trading.
Find out Demat Account Opening Process of other Brokers
General FAQs on SBI Demat & Trading Account
Here are the general FAQs of SBI :
Does SBI provide a Free Demat A/C offer?
Unfortunately, the Demat accounts from SBI Cap Securities are not free.
Does SBI provide Free Trading A/C offer?
SBI Cap Securities doesn’t offer free Trading accounts to its clients.
Is SBI offering Discount on Brokerage?
We have no confirmed reports on SBI Cap Securities providing any form of discounts on brokerage fees to its clients.
Does SBI offer Happy hour trading to their clients?
Sadly, the feature of Happy Trading Hour is not available.
Is SBI providing a flexible brokerage plan?
We have to assume SBI Cap Securities don’t offer flexible brokerage plans since we don’t have any concrete report on that.
SBI Demat Account – Conclusion
SBI Cap Securities is a well-known reputed stock trading company from Mumbai. As most people in India already know about the Banking services of SBI, which is the largest in India, they typically trust this service as well. The brokerage fee is within the limit.
The trading platforms are just about the industry standard, and of course, the wide variety of products and services make them more appealing. So, it would not be a foolish decision to open an SBI Demat account.
Open Trading Account with SBI Now! – Fill up the Form
Here are full demat account reviews of other brokers
Most Read Topics
|Top 10 Trading Platforms|
|Best Mobile Trading App|
|Top 10 Stock Brokers in India|
|Best Intraday Brokers in India|
|Stock Brokers Review|