Kotak Demat Account is provided by Kotak Securities Ltd. which is a subsidiary of the reputed Kotak Mahindra Bank in India. Kotak Trading Account is used by over 12 lakh of customers across the country.
The firm was founded in the year 1994 and they have repute in the financial market for their products and services. In this article, you will read about all those services that it provides to the Demat users of the firm.
The article will focus on the benefits of the Demat and trading account provided by the Kotak Securities and also on the charges on such services and there will be many other frequently asked questions about the Demat and trading services of Kotak Securities.
|Depository Participant||NSDL & CDSL|
|Account Opening Charges||Zero|
|Demat AMC||Free or Rs.300 per Annum|
|Margin Required||Minimum Rs.25,000|
What is Kotak Demat Account & its Benefits?
Kotak Bank Demat Account is registered under both depositories of the country which are NSDL and the CDSL. The firm provides all kinds of Demat facilities to the traders and the investors.
However, there is no dematerialization of physical shares services available with them. The Demat account they offer can help you store all the shares and other financial instruments that you invest in.
The Demat account is necessary for making any investment in any kind of financial instrument in the share market whether it is general equities or mutual funds or derivatives.
The benefits you will get using the Demat account of Kotak Securities are as follows –
- You do not have to pay any account opening charges for the Demat account with Kotak Securities.
- There is a free annual maintenance offer on the Demat account as well.
- You can store bonds, ETFs, currency derivatives, Fixed Deposits and shares, and other derivatives in this account and also other financial instruments that you invest in. One account for all your investments.
- The account can be easily linked with different bank accounts and you can also open the three-in-one account of Kotak Securities which includes the Kotak Mahindra Bank Account.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities Now! – Fill up the Form
What is Kotak Trading Account & its Benefits?
Kotak Bank Trading Account is the account that you would need to trade the shares. It is the account, that is used for placing the buy and sell order for the shares and other financial instruments that you want to trade.
The Kotak Securities trading account is opened along with the Demat account and you do not have to pay any charges for opening it.
The trading account has different benefits and those are –
- You get to trade multiple financial instruments using this one trading account.
- There are above 1400 branches of the firm that you can approach in case you face any issue with trading or other matters related to trading on Kotak Securities platform.
- The trading platforms which are used for trading are advanced and you have different notification options that you can set to keep yourself updated about the market.
- There is an online chat facility which is available as well for any kind of support you need from the executives of the firm to assist you in your trading.
You can check Demat Account details of other Brokers
What are the Kotak Bank Demat Account Charges?
|Which is the Depository Participant involved?||NSDL & CDSL|
|What are the Demat account opening charges?||Zero|
|How much is the Demat Account AMC ?||Free or Rs.300 per Annum|
|What is the Trading Account AMC?||500|
|What is the initial Margin amount required?||Minimum Rs.25,000|
|Is there any dematerialization available?||No|
There are no Kotak Securities Account Opening Charges both for Demat and the trading account. The Kotak Demat Account Charges being nil provides the financial advantage to the users as they do not need to pay this one-time fee as well.
The Demat account being under NSDL and CDSL provides the best of the services. However, there are no dematerialization services available to the users of this account.
How much is Kotak Securities AMC or Annual Maintenance Charge?
Kotak Securities AMC is Rs.300 for the Demat account but it can be free as well if you can avail the free AMC offer that is often rolled out by the firm.
The annual maintenance charges of the trading account are Rs.500 which is on the higher end as most of the brokerage houses in the country do not charge any maintenance charges on the Trading account.
On top of that, there is a minimum margin requirement of Rs.25000. This margin money needs to be in the trading account all the time to make any trade and transactions.
How to Open Kotak Demat Account?
If you want to Open Kotak Demat Account, you have to –
- Fill the form that will pop up once you click on “Open Demat Account” button of this page.
- Submit the form with the necessary required details
- Upload the documents which are mentioned – upload the scan copies of the documents like PAN, AADHAAR, Cancelled Cheque and you have to upload your photographs as well
- Wait for the verification to get over and if your application gets approved, you will receive the login credentials to your account.
Find out Demat Account Opening Process of other Brokers
General FAQs on Kotak Securities Demat & Trading Account
Here are the general FAQs of Kotak Securities :
Does Kotak Securities provide a Free Demat A/C offer?
Yes, Kotak Securities provide free Demat account services.
Does Kotak Securities provide Free Trading A/C offer?
No, there is a maintenance charge that is levied on the trading account which needs to be paid every year.
Is Kotak Securities offering Discount on Brokerage?
No, there are no such discounts that you can avail on the brokerage charges of this firm.
Does Kotak Securities offer Happy hour trading to their clients?
Yes, the firm offers Happy Hour trading to their clients.
Is Kotak Securities providing a flexible brokerage plan?
Yes, Kotak Securities provide various brokerage plans and schemes which are quite flexible and affordable for different types of investors.
Kotak Demat Account – Conclusion
Kotak Demat Account opens a plethora of investment options for you. The firm provides efficient Demat and trading services and other benefits to the investors and the traders.
The margin money requirement may be a little high but there are multiple lucrative offers like free Demat account with no maintenance, happy hours of trading, and others help the investors and traders save a lot on their trades.
Open Trading Account with Kotak Securities Now! – Fill up the Form
Here are full demat account review of other brokers
Most Read Topics
|Top 10 Trading Platforms|
|Best Mobile Trading App|
|Top 10 Stock Brokers in India|
|Best Intraday Brokers in India|
|Stock Brokers Review|